At St. Mary’s Primary we like our children to wear school uniform. Payment for school uniform can be made on-line.
Our uniform is royal blue, grey and white as follows:
- White shirts, t-shirts and blouses
- Dark grey trousers or shorts
- Dark grey skirts and pinafore dresses
- Dark grey tunics
- Blue and white candy stripe or check summer dresses
- Royal blue sweatshirts/cardigans
- Royal blue or white socks/tights
- Black or brown shoes
- Hijabs, if worn, should be white, black or royal blue
Sweatshirts/cardigans, book bags and PE bags with the school logo can be purchases from the school office.
- Royal blue, yellow or white t-shirt
- Royal blue or black shorts (tracksuits for colder weather)
Dressing for P.E.
During P.E. it is important for reasons of hygiene and safety that pupils have a change of clothing. Pupils are required to bring trainers, a royal blue, yellow or white T-shirt and a pair of royal blue or black shorts, skirt or leotard to school in a drawstring bag.
Children may also wear tracksuits for outdoor games in cold weather.
For swimming each child will need a towel and a costume
We ask parents to name all items of clothing so that we can return lost property easily.
Children may wear watches but other jewellery is not suitable for school (particularly dangling earrings and necklaces)
Children with pierced ears may wear plain gold studs, but not sleepers or pendant earrings. County Inspectors also advise that all jewellery should be removed for P.E. It would therefore be very helpful if pupils who wear stud earrings do not wear them on days when they have P.E. If your child wears jewellery for religious reasons please let the Executive Headteacher know in writing. However, all jewellery will need to be removed, taped over with micropore or covered with a sweatband during P.E.
School staff accept no responsibility for the safe keeping of watches or jewellery.
We ask parents not to send their children to school wearing
- Unsuitable shoes or trainers
- Clothes with slogans or pictures of pop stars etc. printed on them
- Sportswear e.g. football or cycle shorts, shell suits or track suits
- Make-up, nail varnish or excessive amount of hair gel
- Extreme haircuts or colour